Do you know that the sun is essential for our body?
The sun, essential for life and essential for the human organism. Despite the consequences that sun exposure can bring, taking it in a moderate way can bring good things. In this post we present the benefits of sunlight on our health.
1. Improves sleep
Sunlight helps secrete melatonin, a hormone that controls the sleep-wake cycle. The body begins its production when it detects darkness and begins to feel tired once the two hours have passed. Much research suggests that an hour of sun in the morning will improve sleep and rest. In this way, the more melatonin in the body, the better the sleep will be.
2. Reduce stress
Melatonin production also reduces stress. Also, like being outdoors, it helps regulate melatonin naturally. Walking or jogging while the sun shines on us are great activities that will improve our stress levels.
3. Improves the immune system
Another of the benefits of the sun is that it improves our immune system thanks to the fact that it helps to produce vitamin D.
4. Improves our mood
Fight depression. Sunlight has been shown to increase serotonin in our body, which helps keep us happier and in good spirits.
5. Vitamin D Production
About 15 minutes of exposure to the sun are enough to help our body generate vitamin D. As we have already mentioned, apart from improving our immune system, this type of vitamin helps maintain calcium and prevent our bones and teeth become brittle, thin, or misshapen. Therefore, obtaining vitamin D is essential. Here is an article about the benefits of this super vitamin!
Other benefits of the sun:
- Therapeutic properties in some dermatological diseases due to its anti-inflammatory effect.
- Helps prevent acne.
- It metabolizes cholesterol.
- It improves our body's defenses since it increases the number of white blood cells in its two lines, neutrophils and lymphocytes.
- Improves psoriasis. Exposure to the sun for a period of 10 minutes is enough to help heal the lesions. In the same way it happens in some dermatitis.
- Improves cardiovascular work capacity.
- Improves breathing, especially in asthmatics.
Tips to protect yourself from the sun:
- It must be borne in mind that there is no single protector that provides total protection.
- Avoid sun exposure between 12 and 16 hours.
- Avoid falling asleep while sunbathing.
- Do not expose children under 3 years of age to the sun. Protect them with clothing, hats and sunscreen.
- Use a sunscreen that protects at least against UVB radiation (causing sunburn) and UVA (mainly responsible for premature aging of the skin).
- Protect the most sensitive areas of the body
- Here you have detailed a series of tips to know how to sunbathe in the best way.
Remember to sunbathe to improve the health of your body, but always in a moderate and conscious way! :)